Friday, July 20, 2007

soak up the sun.

i never realised how much i enjoy the sun and sunshine and the like. aside from the fact that i love beaches and love the outdoors/nature and all. but, staying cooped up in an air conditioned office from 8 till 4.30 made me realise how much i loooouve the warmth. not to say that the ac temperature thingy is too low.. but still. so during lunch break i go for a walk. yes at 2 in the afternoon i go for a walk. there are a lot of trees in this area.. and it is relatively shady. so i walk. and yesterday i found out that my friend is equally bored, plus she stays close by. so during lunch break i walked to her place and drank nimbu pani then walked back. and she said i can come over every lunch break. so yay! i guess i can add sunshine (24/7, 365 days of the year;) to the reason why i lowe madras.

9 comments:

rads said...

lol. Wait till u see better :p

Warmth is good, but Madras is like jumping from the warmth into the raging fire. I never minded it as long as I was there, but now can't take it. no no, am no snob and all .. just that the body gets used toc older temps.

Ram Srinivasan said...

Sunlight is the best thing that happened to man. I soo missed it during the winter in Champaign. I almost died! The sun sets at 4.00 PM. I get up at 12.00. Thats like 4 hrs of sunlight.

SDR said...

@rads: i will NEVER be able to adjust to colder temperatures. i swear. i have tried.

@ ok: 4 hours of sunlight??!! sob!

leoNYdas said...

Walk at 2:00pm.. and it was enjoyable ??? Seems like we got some matching interests.. sun, beach, nature/outdoors, kapi, madras, sleep :PP

SDR said...

@ loe: donot assume tht i enjoy the walk on a regular basis.. sitting in the damn office for hours together makes me appreciate the sun so much more..

rads said...

baliga - lol, no I suppose I meant cooler temps, not cold. btw, India's a/c is uncomfortable cold. I shiver in that, rather bear the heat.
ditto on damn office :)

SDR said...

thank you!! i cant deal with the ac here! i really cant.

leoNYdas said...

ohh guess you got me wrong there. It was meant to be a question. was it enjoyable? If I go out in the sun at 2:00 even if its for an half an hr, I am just too drained to do anything later on. :)

SDR said...

@leo: lol.. it is enjoyable now as its cold here in the ac.. but on a normal day its freaking hot!! :P