Tuesday, May 09, 2006

dilemma

yeah so i was just baking in the afternoon heat as always.. me music, and my book. nice combination. when my friends mother calls.. except she just didnt call to say hi.. she wanted me to tell her about her daughters so called new boyfriend! i was freaking out.. cause on one side my friend (the daughter) was not in station and this fruitful conversation is taking place behind her lovely back. when she finds out she'll wring her mothers neck. and second my friend has told her mother the age old sleepover lie to go hang with her friend... *sigh* aunty wants 'boyfriends' number, address even! so she can talk some sense into him.. she feels the relationship is progressing too fast.. watever not my problem.. my prob is with the fact that there are a bunch of lies and a nice web formed around that one story.. its only a matter of time before it all goes up in smoke...

ultimately im stuck in the cross fire cause daughter and mother are not talking to each other. and im their confidant.. yuck. life is soo freaking fucked. good cop, bad cop.. eventually im getting fucked.

6 comments:

Jyothsana Chandramohan said...

hehe..has happened to me once. And I stayed away from it in what I think is the most diplomatic way. But my frnds mother would just try some bullshit senti like I m like your mother, you r my daughter stuff..will you do this to your mom stuff...!
True, I wont do it to my mom, because she knows all the guys in my life and need nt ask anyone to know her daughter.

Sreikanth said...

if anyone has to tell ur friends mom the truth ,its ur friend....not you.
the mom-daughter relationship is not your concern or doing.its a matter of trust between those two.u cant do anything in that matter.

the best thing for you to do is to protect you friend.(if it means lying...so be it)
u dont wanna lose a good one.do you?

SDR said...

@ jyoey: good for you.. not al of us share tht open a relationship with our mum's.. but yeah i absolutely hate it when im put in a spot and asked to choose ;(

@ sreicanth: (trying to) stay out is what im doing. and yea lying is the only thing im doing in this lovely situation.. ;) but somehow i think im gonna bear the brunt of this whole thing..hmmm

Jyothsana Chandramohan said...

@Baliga:
Maybe I portrayed it wrong. I talk about guys to my mom, but not the ones in my life!!
My mom invariably knows my crushes (none hv gotten beyond tht thnkfully), only becuase of those blushes and slips (yea she knows it all). Besides I goof up often giving her hints.Like when I was seeing an 'iyengar guy', went to mom n said 'how would you like to hv an iyengar son in law'??
I think once you build the credibility at the start(but ths no easy I agree), you can go ahead and have fun.
Recently I dropped hints to my mom saying would you accept American in laws?! I know she s getting anxious..LOL!!!!

Jyothsana Chandramohan said...

I swear...she s damn anxious.
But wht one thing I have nt said is that I am REALLY going to adopt a little girl (and dress her in pink frocks with a blue ribbon) and be the single parent.

vysh said...

friends mom has ur number!!!!! her mom seems worst than mine...as of now.