Monday, January 21, 2008

wonder years.

every morning when i have to haul ass to work the alarm goes off at 7. then i hit the damn snooze button till about 7.30 then i haul ass out of bed. today i woke up pretty quickly and wasn't too jolted when i woke up either. that is also cause i slept at about 2 in the damn morning and never quite managed to settle into a deep slumber. for no apparent reason i was reminded of school. i never loved school. and i didnt hate it either. there were moments when i loved it and moments when i hated it. the emotion isnt quite fixed. but overall i 'liked' my schooling years. today i was reminded of the times when i had to wake up at 6.15-6.30 to get ready. that wasnt so much of an event the clothes used to be kept ready and i had trouble only finding the damn belt. and had to wait for mother dearest to plait my hair, ribbon et all. two plaits :). i was extremely punctual. and would get to school just in time, and always made in line for the assembly. because that was where the attendance was taken. then i vividly remember filing into the huge assembly hall roll number order. class wise. section wise. then there would be a prayer, singing (hymns), and then the news would be read. holidays announced :P and examinations as well.


7am is not my most cheerful but this vivid recollections / nostalgia trip is quite a nice way to start the day. week even.

9 comments:

leoNYdas said...

ha ha I was never that punctual to school... I remember standing at the school gates all the time as a punishment for being late... It was fun though... You get to go to classes late and you almost miss the first class not to mention those assemblies under the hot sun... I always wondered what kind of a crappy punishment that was... If anything it was like rewarding for being late... :P

Ahhh good old school days... love them.. :)

ChefTZac said...

amen leonydas..

SDR said...

@both: lol.. i used to part of the damn comittee that used to catch the late comers:P so i wuldnt be ur favourite person at all. :D

leoNYdas said...

What you talking abt... You would totally be my fav person :P

Schmetterling said...

It's funny how school was never difficult to get up at 6:15AM for. I've never complained.Yet, now I am up at 6:30AM everyday - and I sometimes wonder to myself, if I tell myself it's not that big a deal, it really probably is not. It's not like I'm losing hours of sleep, it's just that I would *love* to oversleep. And the snooze phenomenon is just brilliant, isn't it? :)

Ram Srinivasan said...

Let me get this correct. You are having fond memories of getting up at 6.00 AM a? Huh!

-Ok

SDR said...

lol...this is the first 6.00am recap thingy.. :P

indi said...

you make day with your honest takes on your life! yes i'm giving you the award.

SDR said...

@indi: :D you made my day. that was yest. and reading it makes it a good start for the week