i think i should add building 'castles in the air' to my skill sets in the resume. if i go by what i had planned for myself and where i see myself.. with 5 year plans all chalked out nice and neat i would have taken over some small country or something.. sigh. but the catch being they are all in my head. in reality i cant seem to show enough passion for most things in life. i mean i have a lot of interests and i want to do a lot of things. but setting them in motion seems like such a task. i know "they" say the start is the most difficult. but some where down the line i tend to lose the fire that in started the venture with. not to say ill bail out. ill last it through if i have to but the interest would have died..
and i also realised that people matter quite a bit to me. not too many people but the few who get under my skin seem here to stay. and for those few im willing to do whatever it takes. i dont see the point in making a lot of money if there is no time and no one to spend it with.
im hoping soon enough id find something that i truly want to do.. and something id feel so passionately about to last through the good bad and ugly. while at the same time have those precious few around to share it with. hopefully.
6 comments:
This reminds me of Lakshya:). And the best part is you seem to have realized this. So I am sure the next 5 yr plan would be more like the US one than the Indian one.
-Ok
I know what you mean.. perfect plans that seem to dazzle on paper and get you all riled up in the beginning, but then halfway thro you start to think "uh, what am I doing??? WHY am I doing this again?" ...
I love that you've put it nicely: there's no point in making money if there's no time/person to spend it with. True... I know they call it a cliche, but when it hits you, it's *not* a cliche exactly (know what I mean?) because it is REAL for you.
And as for finding something that's right for you.. at the risk of sounding like a ray of sunshine (blame that on the run :p) it WILL come to you when you're ready for it. Until then, bitch away :) and I shall do my best (from half the world away, sniff...)
Been there done that. Wish you best of luck.
I am very touched by this trait of yours, people matter the most at least the ones who get under your skin. Sadly its something that I have seen disappear in a lot of people :(
@ ok: somehow i dont think so.. though ur faith inspires moi :P
@ jan: MWAH.
like jan said, i love the way you put it. very goosebumpy. but we all (read: me too) get to this pt in life when you start assessing your checklists from before and wondering why you are where you are. so welcome to the normal world, and the normal growing up woes. you'll figure it out soon enough. i'm now at a stage when i think i've figured it out. {big hug}
@ schmetterling: and im awaiting ur next blog post :)
Post a Comment