Tuesday, April 18, 2006

smile for me

maybe this should have gone my wierd list... maybe.. but im really scared of going to doctors. no its not the needles.. or the sight of blood... im just paranoid what the diagnosis might be. yes sounds crazy.. but on sunday i 'realised' that i have a cavity.. and well it dosent exactly hurt but well a part of my tooth came/ broke off. no i donot have a 'gap' in my fucking mouth but well i miss that part( the tooth that is;).. there was no blood or anything but still it freaky your tooth/ (or a part of it) just fucking coming off..

anyway back to where we started i have to visit the dentist. and i am postponing the inevitable meeting but a couple of 'friends' have totally freaked me out about how this could lead to a root canal and the like.. another bunch have lovingly informed me that the infection could spread and i may not have teeth left. bitches. thank you all. so i have a date with the dentist coming up soon. something i cannot take a rain check on. i am freaking out, and was depressed the whole of today. *soobbb*

6 comments:

Jyothsana Chandramohan said...

LOL..I am scared of going to the Doc, hate needles, drugs etc.
I wore braces for nearly a year and half and jst hated visitng had it not been for the Tall,Dark, Handsome Dentist :).
I see freinds under single quote!
Btw,root canal is fcuking painful.Lemme join that bunch of friends int elling yu tht

Sreikanth said...

does attributing imaginary personalities/funny names to ur dentist reduce trauma of visting him???
works for one friend of mine...
he calls his dentist the "TOOTH FAIRY"
:)
(hes had 2 root canals btw....)

Anonymous said...

I have a minor phobia about dentists, so, I had been living with a toothache for a number of months till a few weeks ago.
Well the pain finally defeated me and I went to the dentist, the first trip to the dentist in over 10 years.
The dentist proceeded to take a look into the deep chasm of my oral cavity and proclaimed that I had at least three teeth that were beyond rescue. He then preceded to extract the three of them, well the drugs were fine and for the first time in months
I was feeling no pain. This is good.
The next day I had a really badly inflamed tongue, now I put this down to some minor damage as a result of the extraction of the three teeth.
Over the course of the next week the swelling went down in my gums and my mouth was beginning to heal, except for the tongue.
I began to notice what appeared to be a piece of tooth poking out of the inside lower gum, irritating my tongue and making things difficult to eat and swallow.
Well today I was playing around in my mouth as one is inclined to do and presto out pops a piece of tooth, ahh, relief at last already I am feeling no pain, my tongue is diminishing rapidly in size and I am without mouth pain. The moral of the story, attend the dentist more often, at least every 5 years at a minimum.
www.swagy.com

ninetieschild said...

what if he gives u some really cool anaesthecti n u go off on some awesome trip though?
hav u heard abt the monster dentist who drugs his patients n rapes them?
just a thought.

SDR said...

@ j sea: hmmm tall dark handsome dentist + chennai does not really go hand in hand... so i really dont have an incentive to move my ass to go.. except the pain of a root canal as so vividly explained by friends..

@ sreicanth: no no it does not help.. thinking of the pain is agnoy enough.. i think i have a very low threshold for pain.. like whatever the fuck tht is. mum told me ;(

SDR said...

@ icy highs: thanks dude needed tht extra boost to move ass to the dentist. NOT.

@ swagy: i didnot need those details.. trust me!! but point noted will be visiting dentist. ;(